I love the versatility of the Divi Theme and you can easily use the Divi builder to build area’s of WordPress that most themes can’t without adding endless plugins and creating extra widgets.
Today I am going to show you how to use a shortcode within the widget area which will link a layout in the Divi library in a sidebar.
Why use a sidebar on your website?
Sidebars are amazing for showing snippets of your website on various pages/posts and can remind the viewer that you offer services, sell products and offers. Most blog posts have them and you can add any of the modules that come with the Divi Theme.
So let’s get started:
- Create a layout in the Divi Library.
- Add your modules with any links you may want.
- In the row settings, set the sizing in the Design tab to 100%
- Save your layout.
At the top of you page in the url, you will see something like this:
- Make a note of the number of the page ID, as bolded out as above.
- Go to the widget screen and remove everything out of the main sidebar and add a text widget.
- Paste the following shortcode into the text widget (without the asterisks)..
Change the number in the shortcode as above.
Save the widget and you are good to go.